Hello and welcome

I am a Person-Centred counsellor that works integratively with Couples, Adults and Young People from my room based in Rochford, Essex or via Walk and Talk Therapy. I am qualified, insured and an Accredited Member of the NCPS. I am committed to my work and the people that come to see me.

Through years of personal experience and study, I know there are many reasons why we can all benefit from counselling. An opportunity to regroup, repair, deal with conflict, and make changes or a significant decision; counselling can help with anxiety, depression, family, or health issues.

My fees are £45 for a 50-minute session and for couples, £80 for a 80-minute session.

I work days including Saturdays and evenings so should be able to find a time that is accessible for you, subject to availability. If you have any questions, contact me using the form below, via text, call or email to discuss further before booking.

MNCS accredited registered logo Walk and talk therapy logo

My Qualifications

I am qualified, insured and an Accredited Member of the NCS. This means I have been through the necessary training to support you within our sessions. I also have completed some Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to help enhance my ability to provide you with the best possible foundation for growth. Here are some of my qualifications:

  • ABC Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
  • Certificate in Couples Counselling*
  • Walk and Talk Therapy
  • Working with neurodiverse people (ADHD and Autism)
  • Therapeutic Safety with Traumatised Clients
  • Children and Young People
  • Insured with Holistic Insurance
  • *(Accredited by the International Society of Professional Counsellors)

“You spend most of your life inside your head, make it a nice place to be.”

“Just because the past wasn't what you wanted it to be, doesn't mean your future can't be better.”

“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain.”

Is your counsellor insured?

Whoever you choose as your counsellor, please check they are qualified with at least a Level 4 Diploma and insured. They should also be registered with a professional association which will require the counsellor to abide by a code of ethics, ensuring they work in a way that is in your best interest. Membership will also give you a pathway should you need to make a complaint.

What do I do if I'm in crisis?

If you are in immediate danger, please contact 999.
You will then be connected to the police, ambulance, or fire brigade.

If you are worried about your physical or mental safety, you can also go to your local A&E.
If you feel suicidal or unsafe, you can also contact the Samaritans on 116 123.

Please know that Alison's Quest Counselling is not an emergency service and is therefore not available 24/7.